MESSES AND MILESTONES

Well there are days and often weekends where you wonder what happened to the time. Well this was definately one of those weekends. William and I had a couple of projects to work on. He brought home his creeper from work and asked me to re-new it for him. The vinyl was all torn and NASTY and he had busted the wood backing. So in the whole "USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE DO, OR DO WITHOUT" theme we fixed it. It cost us about thirty dollars to fix, (new foam is expensive), but it was worth it and it was cheaper than buying a new one.
While that project was getting worked on, William was working on a truck that I had "pimped" him out to repair on craigslist. That was fun (sarcasm in the statement). Three trips to Boise and a little longer than William would have liked to spend on it. We got that done and he made a profit too.
Good Job Will.










The fun news was that in between all the chaos, I got the brainiac idea to teach Elizabeth to ride her bike without the training wheels. The surprising thing is, she got on that bike like she had been riding it that way for months. No falls, no pushing her, nothing. I was even surprised and a bit scared, because within an hour she started showing me how she could ride with no hands and she would stand up and pump the pedals while riding.
DAREDEVIL!










David saw that Elizabeth was riding on two wheels and decided he wanted to ride the same way. So off went the training wheels and David got on the bike. He took a little more effort to teach, however once he got the knack of keeping his balance he caught on fairly quickly.
The funny thing is, once they got the hang of it, it's like I got them a new toy. I couldn't get them off their bikes to even eat dinner.
Now I feel a bit older.

0 comments:

Post a Comment