Diarama to Die For



Well Folks, here it is the latest "Pink Adventure" from Sharonland.
You know those cubbies that builders are putting into homes now. The awkward ones. The ones where you have no idea what they were thinking you would put in that hole. Maybe a TV. Wait no power. Well I guess I could put some fake plants or something up there. Who knows. Well Sharon and her granddaughter were contemplating this puzzle and Sharon mentioned that she would like to put her dolls up there and instantly the two of them had a paradox. Her granddaughter said it would be cute to make that cubby look like a little room. Oh then the sparks flew. They got an idea and it took hold of Sharon body and soul.
In walks Stacey. That's right me, if you haven't been following this saga. Well after the stripes went up on the two walls in Sharon's kitchen that sits adjacent to this cubby, I had to take the theme into the "mini" room. Of course! This time, I am going to paint them though!!! I have to paint the whole cubby the same color as the kitchen. So I climb up there in my pants that have been too tight lately and bumped my head a few times on the roof of the cubby, leaving my hair with pink stripes of it's own.

The initial plan was to paint the stripes up to a chair rail and then have a cute white chair rail that ran around the little room. However the trim that Sharon and I agreed on was not in stock at the store. So what do I do? I can take another type of trim and make it work.
I gave Sharon a couple of choices. Oh yes, Sharon is good with choices. Notice my hint of sarcasm. You give Sharon choices and then we can spend a year figuring out what she wants. I only gave her two choices. Good thing. It was an easy pick for her.

The trim that looks like candy. So between conference sessions I hand painted 8 feet of trim to make the room look DIVINE!

I hijacked William and made him do the cutting with the saw. I am not so good with a chop saw. Actually I am, I just don't tell him that. More than anything I am just scared of the thing.

After the trim went up I finished hand painting the vine border. For those of you that wonder it wasn't a stencil I just did it freehand.
We hung a shelf that I painted for Sharon to match the room and she put a couple of little candy jars on the shelf to match her kitchen.

Then in went the dolls.
The finished cubby looked adorable. It tied the whole great room together and again made Sharon giggle. This project isn't completely done yet though. We are still shopping for a chandelier to go into the room.

1 comments:

Terri Frazier said...

Who knew you were so talented!! Great job Stacey!!

Post a Comment