When I was a kid the days on the calendar seemed to go by so slowly. I looked forward to the holidays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, those elusive yet quirky three day weekends, and then there was the Birthday. Having a birthday when you are young was a big deal. A whole year has gone by, a lot happened in that year! In one year I started out adding one digit numbers and by the end of that year I was multiplying two digit numbers. Wow that is a lot in a year!
It is so different when you are older. I am having a hard time remembering how old I am, let alone what day my birthday is. The year went by fast. Nothing significant happened. My hair didn't even change, it only got longer.
I am not too impressed with birthdays anymore. I am judging my progress throughout the year on what my children are accomplishing. I only wish that doing that would slow the calendar down. It doesn't seem to be working.
Sydney asked me what my favorite cartoon was. I told her it was Phineas and Ferb. She then informed me we could have a Phineas and Ferb birthday party for myself. HMMMM maybe.
It is so different when you are older. I am having a hard time remembering how old I am, let alone what day my birthday is. The year went by fast. Nothing significant happened. My hair didn't even change, it only got longer.
I am not too impressed with birthdays anymore. I am judging my progress throughout the year on what my children are accomplishing. I only wish that doing that would slow the calendar down. It doesn't seem to be working.
Sydney asked me what my favorite cartoon was. I told her it was Phineas and Ferb. She then informed me we could have a Phineas and Ferb birthday party for myself. HMMMM maybe.

Why not? I make my kids fun cakes for their birthday maybe I will break down and make myself one this year. Nah. A round chocolate cake will be fine.
Well here we go again, another birthday. Let's see what happens this year. Maybe if I don't blink too often I will be able to catch some of it.
I do have to thank my family for being so nice on my birthday. I have had a nice delivery for my birthday, a ton of strawberries and an angel food cake. YUMM!! Thanks to the Binghams. I will break down and try to enjoy this birthday, it will be a chore, but I think I can do it. Maybe.
Well here we go again, another birthday. Let's see what happens this year. Maybe if I don't blink too often I will be able to catch some of it.
I do have to thank my family for being so nice on my birthday. I have had a nice delivery for my birthday, a ton of strawberries and an angel food cake. YUMM!! Thanks to the Binghams. I will break down and try to enjoy this birthday, it will be a chore, but I think I can do it. Maybe.




2 comments:
Happy B-Day Stacey! Hopefully it is a good one. As they say, another year wiser.....or is it just another year older?!?!?!?!?!
It was your birthday and I missed it!!!! No way. I totally suck as a friend.
You make amazing cakes! Miss Liz's castle is incredible. I'm not going to let Miss Is see that or I'll never hear the end of it! lol
Happy Birthday!
~Stacey (the evil one)
Post a Comment