Okay, I am one of those mothers that does things a little backwards. I have friends that dread the summers. More work, the kids are home, and rarely does the house stay clean because of that small detail.
However, I don't fit into that catagory.
Getting ready for the school year has it's ups and downs.
However, I don't fit into that catagory.
Getting ready for the school year has it's ups and downs.
THE UPS
Well that is just the thing. UPS comes to visit us and we get boxes upon boxes of supplies. Usually I opt out of the school computer, but this year we got that too. Don't ask me why, I didn't ask for it. So there it is. We recieved about 12 boxes of school supplies. UPS loves this time of year. I am sure it ranks right up there with Christmas. The kids love it too. They act like all the boxes are full of presents just for them. In a way they are right. So that's the fun part, opening up the fun and seeing what's in store for the next year. My favorite "UP"....going to the office supply store and getting school supplies. There is nothing like buying new pencils and paper for the year. I still have unopened pencils from last year. But that's not the point, you gotta buy new ones every year, right?
THE DOWNS
There is work involved. I hide from work, I have been avoiding work all summer. Now I have to actually get back to work. UGH! I have to organize everything, and looking over all of the stuff I usually get overwhelmed with the idea that I have to teach them all of this. Granted, they are part of a very well thought out program and really it's on autopilot. I just read what they tell me to and the kids do the majority of it. However, there is the challenge of schooling two small people this year, Elizabeth and Sydney. To make things more difficult (my favorite thing to do to myself) I decided that Liz could probably zip through Kindergarten by Christmas, and hopefully start first grade and that way complete first grade and be in second with her friends next year. Yah, I am a bit nuts. We'll see how that plays out. I have serious doubts about my abilities.
The real challenge will be keeping David busy...he has the attention span of a monkey on crack. So I don't think I can keep him too interested in the Kindergarten activities that Liz will be working on. I will have some real issues with keeping him from destroying my house and possibly himself while I am busy with the girls.
THE DOWNS
There is work involved. I hide from work, I have been avoiding work all summer. Now I have to actually get back to work. UGH! I have to organize everything, and looking over all of the stuff I usually get overwhelmed with the idea that I have to teach them all of this. Granted, they are part of a very well thought out program and really it's on autopilot. I just read what they tell me to and the kids do the majority of it. However, there is the challenge of schooling two small people this year, Elizabeth and Sydney. To make things more difficult (my favorite thing to do to myself) I decided that Liz could probably zip through Kindergarten by Christmas, and hopefully start first grade and that way complete first grade and be in second with her friends next year. Yah, I am a bit nuts. We'll see how that plays out. I have serious doubts about my abilities.
The real challenge will be keeping David busy...he has the attention span of a monkey on crack. So I don't think I can keep him too interested in the Kindergarten activities that Liz will be working on. I will have some real issues with keeping him from destroying my house and possibly himself while I am busy with the girls.
Wish me luck.





0 comments:
Post a Comment